Wellbrook Medical Centre, Welland Road, Hilton, Derby DE65 5GZ
37.5 hours per week (full-time)
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon qualifications and experience
We are looking for a Physician Associate to join our busy and friendly 'outstanding' GP practice, situated in Hilton village, south of Derby. This is a new post, which will involve supporting the management of general medical conditions and working closely with our doctors.
You will be qualified at Postgraduate Diploma or Masters' level as a Physician Associate. You will be a Member of Faculty of Physician Associate Managed Voluntary Register (PAMVR) with a valid national certificate.
Main duties of the job:
- Participate in treatment and preventative healthcare services in the Practice as delegated and agreed by the Partners
- Provide direct clinical care to patients using established clinical guidelines.
- Interview patients, take medical histories, perform physical examinations, analyse, diagnose and explain medical problems during surgery consultations and home visits.
- Recommend and explain appropriate diagnostic tests and treatment. Request and interpret results of laboratory investigations when necessary.
- Develop management plans
- Provide health promotion and disease prevention advice for patients
- Fully document all aspects of patient care and complete all required paperwork for legal and administrative purposes.
Job description including person specification attached. To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter. We will contact you after the closing date.
Informal enquiries are welcome to Cathy Jones, Practice Manager, via the Practice Secretaries on 01283 731217 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 30th July 2021.